How to watch Wizards vs. Bulls basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
Their last head-to-head February of last year was close, and so far it looks like that’s how the Washington Wizards and the Chicago Bulls will finish this one. a win is still up for grabs for either team after three quarters, but Washington is up 90-86
Shooting guard Bradley Beal (19 points) and center Daniel Gafford (19 points) have been the top scorers for the Wizards. Those points put Daniel Gafford near his season high of 20.
Chicago has been relying on shooting guard Zach LaVine, who has shot 6-for-10 from beyond the arc and has recorded 26 points and four rebounds, and point guard Coby White, who has 18 points and four assists.
The Bulls have been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we’ll see how they respond to the deficit.
Chicago @ Washington
Current Records: Chicago 23-10; Washington 18-17
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against the Washington Wizards at 7 p.m. ET Jan. 1 at Capital One Arena. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Bulls skirted by the Indiana Pacers 108-106 on Friday thanks to a clutch jumper from small forward DeMar DeRozan as the clock expired. Chicago can attribute much of their success to point guard Coby White, who shot 6-for-7 from downtown and finished with 24 points.
Meanwhile, Washington wrapped up 2021 with a 110-93 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Wizards’ shooting guard Bradley Beal did his thing and dropped a double-double on 29 points and ten assists in addition to six rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Chicago is expected to win a tight contest Saturday. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (16-7), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The wins brought Chicago up to 23-10 and Washington to 18-17. The Bulls are 15-7 after wins this year, Washington 9-8.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena — Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: NBC Sports Chicago
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $34.30
The Bulls are a slight 2-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulls as a 2.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Chicago have won 11 out of their last 21 games against Washington.
- Feb 08, 2021 – Washington 105 vs. Chicago 101
- Dec 31, 2020 – Chicago 133 vs. Washington 130
- Dec 29, 2020 – Chicago 115 vs. Washington 107
- Feb 23, 2020 – Chicago 126 vs. Washington 117
- Feb 11, 2020 – Washington 126 vs. Chicago 114
- Jan 15, 2020 – Chicago 115 vs. Washington 106
- Dec 18, 2019 – Chicago 110 vs. Washington 109
- Apr 03, 2019 – Chicago 115 vs. Washington 114
- Mar 20, 2019 – Chicago 126 vs. Washington 120
- Feb 09, 2019 – Washington 134 vs. Chicago 125
- Dec 28, 2018 – Chicago 101 vs. Washington 92
- Apr 01, 2018 – Chicago 113 vs. Washington 94
- Feb 10, 2018 – Washington 101 vs. Chicago 90
- Dec 31, 2017 – Washington 114 vs. Chicago 110
- Mar 17, 2017 – Washington 112 vs. Chicago 107
- Jan 10, 2017 – Washington 101 vs. Chicago 99
- Dec 21, 2016 – Washington 107 vs. Chicago 97
- Nov 12, 2016 – Chicago 106 vs. Washington 95
- Mar 16, 2016 – Washington 117 vs. Chicago 96
- Feb 24, 2016 – Chicago 109 vs. Washington 104
- Jan 11, 2016 – Washington 114 vs. Chicago 100
Injury Report for Washington
- Davis Bertans: Out (Illness)
- Montrezl Harrell: Out (Covid-19)
- Aaron Holiday: Out (Covid-19)
- Brad Wanamaker: Out (Covid-19)
- Raul Neto: Out (Covid-19)
- Spencer Dinwiddie: Out (Covid-19)
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Covid-19)
- Rui Hachimura: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Chicago
- Ersan Ilyasova: Out (Covid-19)
- Alex Caruso: Out (Foot)
- Javonte Green: Out (Groin)
- Marko Simonovic: Out (Covid-19)
- Tony Bradley: Out (Covid-19)
- Lonzo Ball: Out (Covid-19)
- Alfonzo McKinnie: Out (Covid-19)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)