How to watch Bulls vs. Pistons basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
The Chicago Bulls were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Detroit Pistons as the Bulls lead 100-66.
Center Nikola Vucevic (22 points) has been the top scorer for Chicago. One thing to keep an eye out for is Derrick Jones Jr.’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Detroit has enjoyed the tag-team combination of small forward Josh Jackson and center Isaiah Stewart. The former has 16 points, while the latter has 11 points along with six rebounds and two blocks. Jackson has also picked up four fouls, though.
Detroit has lost 96% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this game will end the same way.
Detroit @ Chicago
Current Records: Detroit 9-30; Chicago 26-11
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons haven’t won a game against the Chicago Bulls since March 10 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Tuesday. Detroit might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against Chicago at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 11 at United Center. The Pistons should still be riding high after a win, while the Bulls will be looking to regain their footing.
Detroit bagged a 126-116 victory over the Utah Jazz on Monday. The victory came about thanks to a strong surge after the first quarter to overcome a 35-21 deficit. Detroit relied on the efforts of shooting guard Cade Cunningham, who shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 29 points and eight assists, and small forward Saddiq Bey, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 29 points and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Chicago and the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday was not particularly close, with Chicago falling 113-99. Despite the defeat, the Bulls got a solid performance out of small forward DeMar DeRozan, who had 20 points and eight assists.
The Pistons have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 13.50 point spread they are up against. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Detroit is now 9-30 while Chicago sits at 26-11. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Detroit has only been able to knock down 41.70% percent of their shots, which is the second lowest field goal percentage in the league. The Bulls’ offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the game boasting the second highest field goal percentage in the league at 47.30%. We’ll see if their 5.60% advantage translates to a win.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Bally Sports Detroit Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bulls are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 13.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Chicago have won 13 out of their last 25 games against Detroit.
- Oct 23, 2021 – Chicago 97 vs. Detroit 82
- Oct 20, 2021 – Chicago 94 vs. Detroit 88
- May 09, 2021 – Chicago 108 vs. Detroit 96
- Mar 21, 2021 – Chicago 100 vs. Detroit 86
- Feb 17, 2021 – Chicago 105 vs. Detroit 102
- Jan 11, 2020 – Chicago 108 vs. Detroit 99
- Dec 21, 2019 – Chicago 119 vs. Detroit 107
- Nov 20, 2019 – Chicago 109 vs. Detroit 89
- Nov 01, 2019 – Chicago 112 vs. Detroit 106
- Mar 10, 2019 – Detroit 131 vs. Chicago 108
- Mar 08, 2019 – Detroit 112 vs. Chicago 104
- Nov 30, 2018 – Detroit 107 vs. Chicago 88
- Oct 20, 2018 – Detroit 118 vs. Chicago 116
- Apr 11, 2018 – Detroit 119 vs. Chicago 87
- Mar 24, 2018 – Detroit 117 vs. Chicago 95
- Mar 09, 2018 – Detroit 99 vs. Chicago 83
- Jan 13, 2018 – Chicago 107 vs. Detroit 105
- Mar 22, 2017 – Chicago 117 vs. Detroit 95
- Mar 06, 2017 – Detroit 109 vs. Chicago 95
- Dec 19, 2016 – Chicago 113 vs. Detroit 82
- Dec 06, 2016 – Detroit 102 vs. Chicago 91
- Apr 02, 2016 – Detroit 94 vs. Chicago 90
- Jan 18, 2016 – Chicago 111 vs. Detroit 101
- Dec 18, 2015 – Detroit 147 vs. Chicago 144
- Oct 30, 2015 – Detroit 98 vs. Chicago 94
Injury Report for Chicago
- Alex Caruso: Out (Foot)
- Tyler Cook: Out (Ankle)
- Javonte Green: Out (Groin)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Detroit
- Cory Joseph: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Isaiah Livers: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Kelly Olynyk: Out (Knee)
- Frank Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- Bol Bol: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)
- Jerami Grant: Out (Thumb)